Seeking General Manager position for the Aviary Café. General Manager will be in charge of the management of both locations.
Summary of Position:
- Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
- Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
- Be committed, to learning and improving through reading & working with other company members. Continuous education and self-development will be of highest priorities along with a commitment to coaching and developing entire staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands completely & conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Continuously strives to develop staff in all managerial and professional areas.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on-hand quantities, costs, & quality levels
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel, and, administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Cooperate with all corporate departmental needs and work alongside support departments to improve all aspects of the business.
- Express restaurant needs from all corporate support departments and leaders.
- Respond to any & all corrective action requests from Director of Operations in a timely manner.
- Ensure all restaurant staff & management team members have the necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming an expert in all aspects of the restaurant
- Participate in company policy and standards development as needed
- College degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a GM in a high volume fine dining restaurant.
- Be able to communicate and understand in English.
- Have knowledge of service and food & beverage operations, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house & back-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management position
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Should expect to work 50+ hours per week.
- Proactively handle all staff and guest requests or concerns quickly with caring and fairness.
- Be able to identify and develop staff members for future leadership roles.
- Be able to delegate and get work done through others.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment and remains calm during stressful and emotional situations.
- Be organized in all areas e.g., storage areas, side work, and scheduling needs.
- Be able to work lunch and dinner shifts on weekdays & weekends
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K (After 1 year)
- Paternal/Maternity Leave (After 1 year)
- Cell Phone Allowance
- PTO/Sick Time 2 weeks per year
Pay Rate: Depending on Experience